About Razvan Burnete
As a painter who works primarily with oil paint, my aim is to create works that challenge the viewer's perception of reality. My style is characterized by my love of surrealism, as well as my fascination with placing familiar objects and figures in unexpected contexts or absurd situations.
Using oil paints, I create highly detailed and realistic images that are infused with a sense of the bizarre and unexpected. I enjoy playing with light and shadow to create dramatic effects, and I often use vivid, contrasting colors to heighten the emotional impact of my work.
In my paintings, I seek to create a world that is simultaneously familiar and strange, where the rules of everyday life are suspended, and anything is possible. Through my use of surrealism, I hope to inspire viewers to look beyond the surfaceof things, to question their assumptions, and to embrace the unexpected.
I am particularly drawn to the absurd, and I enjoy using unexpected situations and juxtapositions to create works that are both humorous and thought-provoking. Through my art, I hope to encourage others to find joy and beauty in the unexpected, and to embrace the power of imagination and creativity.
Overall, my goal as an artist is to create works that challenge, inspire, and delight the viewer, and that encourage them to explore the rich and complex world around us with fresh eyes and an open mind.
1986 –1990 National College “Electronica”– Electronics
1991- 1996 Politehnica University of Bucharest - Materials Engineering
2003 - present Apprentice at painting studio of prof.phd. Ion Anghel
2015 – 2018 National University of Arts, Bucharest, Painting Section
- "Papirus", group exhibition "Ilgani Experiment", Visual Arts Center Bucharest
- March , 2018 - The book "The Universe of the Book", Bibliophile Book and Object Book Biennial, National Museum of Romanian Literature, Bucharest
- June , 2018 - "Victoria Povera" group exhibition, Chora Castle,Nicholas Fardis Cultural Centre Samothraki, Greece
- July , 2018 - Group Exhibition "Naufragiu. Performance ", UNA Gallery, Bucharest Plastic Fund
- July 2018 - Parallax Art Fair London U.K.
- October 2019 - Florence Biennale - Florence Italy
April 13 - May 7, 2018 - making the butafor and decorations for the ballet performance "The Beautiful in the Sleeping Forest" performed at the Romanian National Opera in Bucharest, Pavol Juráš